The laundry process can seem daunting especially if you’re looking for ways to keep it green! Here are some of our favorite tips for keeping it simple and minimizing waste where possible.
1. Wool Dryer Balls are amazing for reducing static, softening, shortening dry time (by 10-25% !!) and replacing traditionally toxic dryer sheets. If you love having a scent in your clothes you can even tap a few drops of your fave essential oil or oil blend directly onto the dryer balls and it will diffuse into the laundry. We love Loo Hoo’s natural dryer balls (you can find ‘em in the shop!).
* p.s. these also make excellent dog toys! :)
2. Make the swap to powder detergent or concentrate - some brands we love and rotate through include:
- Molly’s Suds Powder, tried and true laundry go-to
- Branch basics, for all purpose cleaning needs
- Dropps, a rad zero waste bizzz
3. Hang drying items not only saves energy from runnin’ the drying machine but it can also help extend the life of your clothes and linens! Taking care of what we already have is one of the best ways to show your love for the environment.
What are some of your favorite laundry hacks? Share with us below or on social :)